Posts tagged instagood
To The One Who Wanted To Give Up

I…have...been...there and it sucks!

I wish I could perform a psychological surgery and remove this depressive mental state away. But...it doesn't work that way.

They have all sacrificed everything for me. Each person I have mentioned has laid down everything in hopes of seeing me and seeing me live this life to the fullest.

It was the reminder that my mother and father sacrificed their comfortable home in Ghana for my education, joy, and success. It was the reminder that my brother, though 9 years younger than me, looks up to me and wants to see me make it in everything I set my mind to. It was the reminder that all the beautiful humans that called me friend valued the genuine smile they initially fell in love with. It was the reminder on the day that she left this earth, the day my grandmother completed her mission, that I recalled that nothing, absolutely nothing, in this world would make her happier than to see me ( broken, hurting, and ratchet in all) living a life that is filled with joy and hope.

I..have...been...there.

Read More
Stop Playing the Victim Card

It's over. You and I cannot play the victim when tragedy hits. Even if 90% of the problem falls on the other person, 10% is still on you. You and I are no victims.

24 years of living on this earth, I will tell you that this victim mentality stumps your growth, creates chaos, and destroys you from within. It's toxic and we can't play this divisive game any longer.

Gossiping has got to go! You and I need to develop an allergic reaction towards bitter and negative speech, prideful acts, and the blame game. We are children of God. We don't get to act like this anymore.

It didn't work for Adam and Eve, did you really think it would work for you?

Read More
Child, Remember Your Training

Spiritual training is pretty similar to the conditioning I had as an athlete. In order to make your training effective, you must be willing to sacrifice your time and pleasure for the game. This means more prayer, devotionals, fellowshipping, and anything your soul requires for you to do.

As you begin to prioritize your healing process and your self-love, you allow the power of truth, confidence, and joy back into your life. But the truth is meant to share. Confidence is meant to be displayed. Joy is meant to be given away. As you work your spiritual and mental muscles to overcome the mental stage that is hurting you, you begin to acquire new weapons for the battles you may face.

When I felt low, when you felt stuck mentally or spiritually, I began to remove anything and everything that was causing me pain. I had to clear out the virus by applying a vaccination called Jesus.

Read More
The Evidence; It's Unfinished

It's not why we're going through but who we're going through with and what He's teaching us. He is with us in the hurricane and we couldn't be taken out; we persevere because He is with us.

How do you not know that the Creator of everything is real? The evidence is in the fact that you didn't die from your battle wounds. Those scars could've taken you out, but they didn't. That resiliency and drive to keep on running the race of life are from God.

The evidence is in the fact that you are alive and still kicking! He's not done with you because you are about to surprise yourself with the level of power, authority, love, and gumption (oh yes, I used that word) you have within you. Oh my dear, how magnificent you are and the best part…it's unfinished.

Read More
Love, You Were Born With It

God created the core of who we are. Everything that makes us well...us is because God placed all that in us. So when we face trials, when we feel hurt, when we get upset, and we feel like we are at our ends, there's honestly nothing left but love.

 

All that I am is love because Christ is love. All that I have is love because Jesus is all I've got. All that I know and can feel is love because Spirit of God that dwells in all of us is all we've known and feel. So next time when you want to act a type of way or give your two cents (no one really needs those cents anyways, it's not like it's got all that value) remember who you are and whos you are. 

 

You and I were never created to be hurtful towards one another. No, God created us to love each other, love ourselves, and love him. Love is the essence of who we are. You don't need to change that much about yourself to know that you are nothing but love and that's all you got.

Read More